Wednesday, January 23, 2008

third trimester

This ultrasound is over a month old, but I'm still beaming.

His profile:




and here's his wee foot:



No doubt he's already much bigger than this -- at 32 weeks, I feel like I'm running out of room for his big movements, not to mention my own organs. This third trimester (can I call this the home stretch?) is living up to its reputation of diminishing comfort. It's heartburn and hemorrhoids and hard to breathe. I've even started to waddle!

In my first and second trimesters, I was somehow blissfully excluded from the maladies that seem to plague other pregnant ladies -- hardly any morning sickness, no food aversions, no funny smells, no pains. I was sure it had to do with my positive outlook. In Japan you'd say, ki no mochi yo, "it depends on your attitude."

Well, it's not like I haven't eaten my words before.

If nothing else, I just have more time on my hands to really think about what's coming up: the labor, the moment of birth, the explosion of baby! into our lives. J even had his first dream about the peanut a few nights ago. I'm dreaming about him constantly, and thinking about him when I'm awake most of the time, too... Consequently this time feels more like waiting than any other.

Now, me and my heartburn are going to take a walk.

*

No comments: