Sunday, November 28, 2010

bones

I'm not sure why, but November is always a good month for me, creatively speaking. In the last couple of weeks I've been spending more time at the art table, even if it's only for 10 minutes at a time.

I worked some more on the B500 bone piece:



Covered up the weird green color that I didn't like on this double lumbar bone piece:



And dabbed some more muted colors on these bones pieces that were already in the works:




I feel insane sometimes trying to make time for this in the midst of non-stop baby wrangling -- Auden's yapping at my heels as I type, cementing my authenticity -- but I just can't NOT make art.

*

1 comment:

Emily of Deutschland said...

I love picture numbah one. It's so right, even though I know it's none of my business, I kind of hope it's close to done. I'm afraid some part of it is going to be shellacked with thick knife-applied layers of grey. But if it must be, it must be, I suppose. (SOB)