Saturday, November 8, 2008

an artistic interlude

I've had it in my mind to do some drawings of Auden. I keep thinking to myself, he's only going to be this little for a heartbeat... draw him, draw him now! And, well, there's laundry to do and dishes to wash and pillows to fluff. I know, it's a boring excuse.

But! I found a Friday night uninstructed figure drawing session at the University, and have gone a few times. It's good practice, especially since the models sit still, which Auden NEVER does.

Here, have a look (click on the image to get up close and personal):











Oh, and? I was accepted to a juried group show in February, in Cedarburg, WI. Hooray! I'm still an artist! I'll be doing some more little glass paintings, since their theme is "miniatures."

So while I fantasize of enormous canvases and several consecutive hours --days, even! -- of painting, 15 minute drawings and 4 x 6 inch paintings are not chopped liver.

*

1 comment:

ms. c said...

Oh!! JEALOUS! Of the time out and the art that you are getting to make.

Your drawings are great.