Thursday, December 22, 2011

merry and gay

(We've been watching an awful lot of "Pee Wee's Christmas Special" around here)

Me: [singing] Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock...
Auden: What's that boy's name, the boy who sings that?
Me: It's a woman, her name is K.D. Lang.
Auden: No, it's a boy.
Me: No it isn't, it's a woman.
Auden: No, it's a boy.
Me: Why do you think it's a boy, because she has short hair?
Auden: Yeah.
Me: Well, I have short hair.
Auden: ...
Me: Did I stump ya?
Auden: Yeah!
Me: Ha ha!
Auden: But the one who sings that song is a boy.
Me: No, it's not. It's a woman.
Auden: No! It's a boy!
Me: Nope, it's a woman.
Auden: But papa has short hair, and he's a boy. And I have short hair, and I'm a boy.
            So... I'm K.D. Lang!

*

1 comment:

Cara said...

Ach! You're far prettier than KD Lang!